1-Give your face a steam massage in the shower. Use circular motions with your fingers, but also tap in rotating motions—starting on the forehead, then the cheekbones, cheeks, and working down to the jawbone. Massaging increases circulation and creates a dewy complexion. For added benefit use an oil cleanser to maximize hydration.
2. Use a charcoal sheet face mask. Buying sheet masks are as common as getting Kleenex in South Korea. And all the rage ingredient? Charcoal. It detoxes and exfoliates your skin, and all you have to do is let the sheet sit on your face for 15-20 minutes while you relax.
3. Exfoliate with a washcloth soaked in hot water. An old South Korean lady I know has no wrinkles. Her secret? She uses a thick washcloth to massage her face every day, using upward moving, circular strokes.
4. Blurring to create HD perfect skin. Some days when roll out of bed and think OMG, how do I just hide all of this? Well…You can. Try the Korean blurring trick, which basically means using one or several smart coverage products with a makeup brush to wipe out and “blur” unwanted imperfections. If you use an air-cushion foundation, a signature Korean cosmetic, you can blur like a pro, without looking heavy.
5. Use an overnight sleeping mask. This is the best time to hyper-moisturize and work on a tired complexion. Apply an intensive sleeping mask to correct any dullness. When you wake up, weeks of wear and tear will have come off of your face. Trust me on this!!
6. Apply a facial essence between two layers of moisturizer. Many women feel essences are the key to sealing in all the goodies of your daily cleansing. Essences are mild, skin nutrient filled solutions (not toners) that hydrate your skin and are applied after cleansing. The next step is to add a serum, and then you can add your moisturizer for maximum skin hydration.
9. Drink barley tea. Have you ever been to a Korean restaurant and tried the tea? Its roasted barely tea, which is what is served to Korean babies from birth to fortify their skin and overall well-being. Barley tea is rich in anti-oxidants and one study showed that drinking it can improve blood circulation. Some suggest it may even double as a weight loss drink. There you go!!